Internship & Volunteer Programme
Looking for a challenging internship to enhance your resume or do you need to gain international work experience?
Volunteer in South Africa! Learn a new language!
Please let us know in advance the duration of your accommodation in order to send you a quote. We recommend booking 4 weeks accommodation with us (see rates) and later finding your own accommodation when in Cape Town.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a student at a university or completed university
- Be motivated
- Internship or volunteer for a minimum period of 4 weeks
- Good working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- A valid passport
- A valid visa for an internship
- Travel medical insurance valid for South Africa
- Internship/ Volunteer work contract with our internship partner
Internship/Volunteer EUR 1050 (minimum 4 weeks up to 24 weeks)
- Visa assistance
- Welcome airport transfer
- 2 weeks Intensive English course, Monday to Friday, 09h00 – 15h20 (mandatory, extension possible)
- Placement with suitable company/organisation
- 24-hour helpline
- Cape Studies’ welcome file (incl. student card, South African sim card)
- Assistance with finding accommodation
Please contact your relevant South African consulate for visa requirements as these are subject to change at short notice. In your visa application you should indicate the duration of your stay in South Africa, from the day you arrive until the day you depart. Ask the embassy for a multiple entry visa so you can explore South Africa and its neighbouring countries. It is nearly impossible to receive a visa for a paid internship.
Procedure & Info:
Enrolment must be at least 3 months before your arrival in South Africa
Enrolment must be sent to email@example.com or your booking agent
Your application should include:
- A detailed letter of motivation in which you state your interest and motivations to do an internship/volunteer in Cape Town,
- Your preferred period for your internship/volunteer and a completed CV including picture.
- Any references or certificates that are beneficial to your application.
- A copy of your passport (compulsory).
Internships possible in:
Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Engineering, NGO, Volunteering, Architecture, Interior design, Environmental, Psychology, Biotechnology, IT-Hard-Software, Estate management, Public Relations, Business Administration, Law, Event Management, Retail, Chemistry, Marketing, Food Technology, Social work, education, Media, Hotel Management, Tourism – more available on request – for more information please contact:
Cape Studies – 17 Varney’s Road, Green Point, PO Box 4425, Cape Town 8000, South Africa
Tel.: +27(0) 21 – 439 0999